[ View Forums | Start New Thread | Search ]     [ Join | Login ]     en
Messages Posted on 15 Mar 07 [ Previous | Next ]
Graffiti: More Banksy bollocks
  15 Mar 07 11:46 PM | Edit Reply | RE: More Banksy bollocks
OTD
228 Posts

Ignore User
It gains acceptance for graf, it's like a wedge in people's minds.

People struggle with big ideas, breaking them down into small pieces make them easier to accept. Banksy's artwork is a step in that direction.

Yes, some of his work is not difficult to do, but the fact is, he did it. The world is full of people who say "oh, any idiot could have done that", except the difference is, the idiot actually went ahead and did it.

Personally, I'd like graf to be given a break. I don't expect it to be legalised, but I don't like the amount of police attention that is being dedicated to it, it seems like a considerable waste of police time.

If people feel threatened by graffiti in their area, wouldn't it make them feel a bit better if we weren't villanised so much?

I don't want to harm the community, but I do want to get my name up and see more artwork on the plain concrete surfaces that dominate our modern environment.

Pictures: painted stuff.
  15 Mar 07 11:10 PM | Edit Reply | RE: painted stuff.
BUNDEMOUT
1274 Posts

Ignore User
i think its a "tolerance zone"

15 Mar 07 10:48 PM | Edit Reply | More Banksy bollocks
SpecialBranch
577 Posts

Ignore User
The moment graff is accepted, is the moment graff dies
[Edited by TaysidePolice on 15 Mar 07 10:48 PM]

15 Mar 07 10:05 PM | Edit Reply | RE: More Banksy bollocks
KingGhidra
1340 Posts
...Three
Ignore User
bundemout wrote:
graffiti isnt getting respect from banksy, banksy is. The sooner people realise this the better. "i like banksys stuff but i hate that tagging nonsense" in the background is a picture of a full blown piece on steel that is being written off as "mindless vandilism", then up comes a picture of some shit rat stencil and the news readers/guests are bewildered at the complication of cutting a rat shape out of cardboard spending 3 seconds putting it up AND OMG he gets away with it.

haha spot on

Pictures: painted stuff.
  15 Mar 07 09:53 PM | Edit Reply | RE: painted stuff.
jamesm
146 Posts
?????
Ignore User
is the boards legal ?

15 Mar 07 08:02 PM | Edit Reply | RE: More Banksy bollocks
BUNDEMOUT
1274 Posts

Ignore User
graffiti isnt getting respect from banksy, banksy is. The sooner people realise this the better. "i like banksys stuff but i hate that tagging nonsense" in the background is a picture of a full blown piece on steel that is being written off as "mindless vandilism", then up comes a picture of some shit rat stencil and the news readers/guests are bewildered at the complication of cutting a rat shape out of cardboard spending 3 seconds putting it up AND OMG he gets away with it.

15 Mar 07 07:40 PM | Edit Reply | RE: More Banksy bollocks
OTD
228 Posts

Ignore User
It amuses me how you guys dislike Banksy, surely it's a good thing that graffiti is getting some respect, even if you don't particularly like the work in question?

Or perhaps your motives lie elsewhere, but if they don't, you're a bit short-sighted giving Banksy flak.

Graffiti: Wheatpaste
  15 Mar 07 02:41 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Wheatpaste
willythepimp
23 Posts

Ignore User
empty washing up liquid container.

Graffiti: Wheatpaste
  15 Mar 07 02:14 PM | Edit Reply | Wheatpaste
lupe
64 Posts
Clydebank
Ignore User
anyone know anything good for carrying wheatpaste?
i hate the idea of the big tub i got man, cos the last tuime i got chased it was a fuckin effort to run with that man.

15 Mar 07 01:31 PM | Edit Reply | RE: More Banksy bollocks
BUNDEMOUT
1274 Posts

Ignore User
BUNGLING workmen painted over a mural by famed street artist Banksy worth £100,000.

HAHAHAHHA! i didnt read that bit before, how can a piece be worth that? how would you go about buying it?

15 Mar 07 01:29 PM | Edit Reply | RE: More Banksy bollocks
BUNDEMOUT
1274 Posts

Ignore User
word to tayside police.
although bristol city council saying banksys work has to be preserved? imo thats weak as fuck.

15 Mar 07 12:23 PM | Edit Reply | RE: More Banksy bollocks
SpecialBranch
577 Posts

Ignore User
Haha those graff removal guys are clearly writers

15 Mar 07 12:20 PM | Edit Reply | More Banksy bollocks
michealdonovan
63 Posts

Ignore User
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007110792,00.html?CMP=KNC-powersearchSEM1&HBX_PK=banksy&HBX_OU=50

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=40864&in_page_id=34

BUNGLING workmen painted over a mural by famed street artist Banksy worth £100,000.

The graffiti removal team mistook the 25ft by 4ft artwork for vandalism and coated it in black paint.

Locals in Banksy’s home city of Bristol are furious that the series of blue shapes — the earliest surviving mural by the artist and bearing his trademark “tag” — has gone forever.

One wag quickly sprayed the words, “Wot no Banksy?” on the space where it had been.

The same workmen tried to remove another early Banksy work from a house wall but were stopped by angry residents.

Bristol City Council, which has ordered all Banksy art to be preserved, launched a full investigation yesterday.

Everyone should start trying to go over Banksy.
O.E. book yourselves some cheap national express return tickets online :-)
[Edited by mi5 on 15 Mar 07 12:22 PM]

Beef: OE
  15 Mar 07 11:43 AM | Edit Reply | RE: OE
BUNDEMOUT
1274 Posts

Ignore User
hahaha! big up i*n CR%£$£T!
Oe=
Fern Britton
Jeremy Clarkson
Rolph Harris
hope that helped you officer! seriously you could actually make an effort, like build up a character on here before asking stupid questions like that filled with typical teenage colloquisms.

Beef: Fuck OE!!!
  15 Mar 07 10:30 AM | Edit Reply | RE: Fuck OE!!!
SpecialBranch
577 Posts

Ignore User
Aye, i suppose i spoke too fast. Are the Glasgow crews more contained to southern scotland? cos you dont really see much north of glasgow...probably the lack of decent places

Beef: OE
  15 Mar 07 10:24 AM | Edit Reply | RE: OE
SpecialBranch
577 Posts

Ignore User
premjag wrote:
Yo guyz, can any yooz tell me who da OE are and what they do. Its confusin all these names, who r they all? Are they like gangz?

Cheers doods.

Ahahahahah
hahahahahaha
Ahahahahaha

Anyway, yes, we can collaborate on evidence. Just call me at Perth station, western division, and we can talk vandalism!

PC I*n Cr*****t

duncancumming.co.uk | Forum | Contact Me | 1 forum user online: + 1 guest