[ View Forums | Start New Thread | Search ]     [ Join | Login ]     en
Messages Posted on 21 Mar 07 [ Previous | Next ]
Beef: invite to all writers for vapour trail graff jam in dundee scotland march 31st
  21 Mar 07 11:59 PM | Edit Reply | RE: invite to all writers for vapour trail graff jam in dundee scotland march 31st
skinnycap
35 Posts
dundee
Ignore User
11 am at the skinnycap store, heading to the dpm park hilltown, dundee, at 11.30.

yeaaassssss
25 writers so far confirmed

Pictures: painted stuff.
  21 Mar 07 10:34 PM | Edit Reply | RE: painted stuff.
NEMS
261 Posts

Ignore User
cheers, that black n turquoise one was done just when i was getting into writing properly so it wasnt ma favourite but its the best picture of a non 3D that i have. lets see some more people getting flicks up.

Graffiti: london area
  21 Mar 07 09:48 PM | Edit Reply | RE: london area
toast1
279 Posts

Ignore User
reako mate i'll email ye omer's number he's aye gantin fer a skoosh

21 Mar 07 08:33 PM | Edit Reply | RE: painted stuff.
SpecialBranch
577 Posts

Ignore User
All your stuffs hot nems. The turquoise one doesnt seem to flow entirely, but nice!

Beef: Scottish writers in general
  21 Mar 07 08:15 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Scottish writers in general
SpecialBranch
577 Posts

Ignore User
To be honest, i quite like to see menchies sometimes. I mean at least its something, and it can be quite interesting

Beef: Scottish writers in general
  21 Mar 07 06:05 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Scottish writers in general
unclejon
7 Posts

Ignore User
magpie wrote:
Menchies are generally better than most Scottish graf. Fact.

He is unfortunately right. At least menchies are original, unique and have some cultural context, can't say that much for Scottish Graffiti.

Pictures: new stencil
  21 Mar 07 06:05 PM | Edit Reply | RE: new stencil
BUNDEMOUT
1274 Posts

Ignore User
word to uncle jon.

Graffiti: Fife Writers?
  21 Mar 07 06:02 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Fife Writers?
BUNDEMOUT
1274 Posts

Ignore User
aye where abouts? (might not want to discuss on here) ill shove up an addy you can email if you want.

Beef: PERSPICACIOUS CRITIC
  21 Mar 07 05:53 PM | Edit Reply | RE: PERSPICACIOUS CRITIC
unclejon
7 Posts

Ignore User
PC wrote:
Dear all: Let me begin by expressing a big thanks to all my supporters,
particularly kore1, deadeyeduck, and thedaddy, the latter rightly pointing
out that the majority of work featured on duncancumming.co.uk is
amateurish, at best, hence my many unfavourable reviews. To SmackItUp:
My "Pick of the Week" reviews are proof that I do, indeed, give out the
occasional positive critique when it's deserved. And mresra, constructive
criticism is given only to those who show promise and potential, e.g.,
graffiti artists, as opposed to graffiti vandals. Finally, regarding my use of
"big words," I have thoughtfully simplified my reviews for the tweens,
teenyboppers and juvenile delinquents among you. Take care, and
remember to always scrub the paint off your fingertips before eating.

Basically when you 'criticize' someone, you are in fact 'disrespecting' them. Think about, (theoretical situation as most of you plebs dont 'paint' or 'write') you a paint wall with a bunch of guys you dont know. Tell me you would stand back and say anything negative at all, let alone 'shit' or 'weak letters, crap fill etc.'

Of course you fucking wouldnt.

Practically nobody whose graffiti is on this site, asked for it to be on here, and they certainly didnt ask for any of your comments.

This is a free world, only until you bump into someone... Then your groveling begins.

Pictures: new stencil
  21 Mar 07 05:53 PM | Edit Reply | RE: new stencil
unclejon
7 Posts

Ignore User
acos wrote:
boze wrote:
http://www.duncancumming.co.uk/photos.cfm?photo=6350

This is the pic that started it, as you can see, Im not the only person who didnt like it, but as soon as I said so, ohks dug up my old posts for the sole purpose of slagging them, regardless of what he actually thought.

As I was not the only person who didnt like his piece, why didnt he go off his head at anyone else? Why didnt all the wee twats who like to get involved in things that clearly dont concern them get on anyone elses case?

And just one more point: Am I actually the only person who thinks its squint? With what looks like a bit missing from the top left section? I was just writing what i saw in my opinion.

I will keep on rating photos honestly, and if i criticise one of your pictures, its a point of view, not a diss. Please try to keep yerself screwed in because it really makes you look insecure when you cant handle criticism.

Ohks hasnt even replied to these latest posts, hes probably actually more mature than these other tards who wont let go of it and feel the need to give me their 2 cents worth on the topic. As far as Im concerned, this topic is dead. All that needs to be said has been said, but I dont doubt some wee intellectualy challenged fuckwit will try and keep the shit going.

I wonder who it will be......?

i posted this in the comments on that ohks piece but guess its valid here as well

The point boze is trying to make is right, you dont need to be the worlds best writer to criticize someone else. film critics dont make films, food critics arent chefs etc. I havent been writing that long and I'm admittedly still shit, but i have been interested in graffiti for a lot longer than i've been doing it, as such i can tell a bad piece from a good piece in the same way that a food critic can tell the difference between a good and a bad meal. Exactly the same as this applies to the people who jump down PC's throat every time he comments, whether or not he can paint himself is irrelevant, in my eyes he's shown that he is knowledgable enough about graffiti to criticise it.

The problem with what boze is saying, and whats causing the problems, is that: First, he didnt criticize just flat out insulted the piece. Second, through your posts in the forums etc. i dont get the impression you know very much about graffiti. Noone who had spent more than a couple of minutes looking at/trying to do graffiti would use a graffiti font for example. If your posts and attitude show that you are at least clued up on graffiti in general you might get a little more leeway. Finally, you keep goin on about how your older and making insults to other writers about school. If you are older try acting like it once in a while. Contrary to your apparant belief boasting about your age will not get you more respect, in fact it will likely get you less, especially when your getting burned by 15/6 year olds

Basically when you 'criticize' someone, you are in fact 'disrespecting' them. Think about, (theoretical situation as most of you plebs dont 'paint' or 'write') you a paint wall with a bunch of guys you dont know. Tell me you would stand back and say anything negative at all, let alone 'shit' or 'weak letters, crap fill etc.'

Of course you fucking wouldnt.

Practically nobody whose graffiti is on this site, asked for it to be on here, and they certainly didnt ask for any of your comments.

This is a free world, only until you bump into someone... Then your groveling begins.

21 Mar 07 05:52 PM | Edit Reply | RE: london area
BUNDEMOUT
1274 Posts

Ignore User
ken, the brown line on the underground dont know what its called. but its like. TOX..TOX..TOX..TOX..TOX..TOX..TOX..TOX..TOX.. every 5 metres and almost every carriage has got at least one scratchie in it.

21 Mar 07 05:27 PM | Edit Reply | RE: london area
gettinup
178 Posts
glasgow
Ignore User
yeah hes got no style at all, but hes obviously dedicated as fuck!

21 Mar 07 05:23 PM | Edit Reply | RE: london area
BUNDEMOUT
1274 Posts

Ignore User
haha nice one! his stuff is so weak especially considering the earliest of his i have seen was 02.

Graffiti: old school forum
  21 Mar 07 04:13 PM | Edit Reply | RE: old school forum
BUNDEMOUT
1274 Posts

Ignore User
do not paint in front of a street cctv camera. As in the council/police ones. Painting in front of shop cctv is usually ok, i.e the little ones on the sides of . The swivelly ones are cunts. i got caught cause i misjudged how far they could zoom.
Perth train station is still without cctv. not suggesting anyone does anything you know. just stating a fact.

21 Mar 07 03:37 PM | Edit Reply | RE: old school forum
GaryGlitterFanClub
258 Posts
EH%£
Ignore User
03 sweet, I’d like think it’s just been the calm before the storm cause things come in waves.

21 Mar 07 03:28 PM | Edit Reply | RE: old school forum
KingGhidra
1340 Posts
...Three
Ignore User
I've been on here since 03...it certainly was more interesting back then...but that's probably just because I was younger

21 Mar 07 03:26 PM | Edit Reply | old school forum
GaryGlitterFanClub
258 Posts
EH%£
Ignore User
“yer maw, I’m just walking to the skate park”.
Not found the trick for Edinburgh yet like you said CCTV everywhere but picking my spots slowly but surely.

Q: Would a normal street CCTV point you out? I wouldn't think graff is high on their list. {red road. anyone?}

there must be still a few spots not to be hit with cameras?
[Edited by Torch on 22 Mar 07 06:35 PM]

21 Mar 07 03:13 PM | Edit Reply | RE: old school forum
Feno
196 Posts
Glasgow
Ignore User
Secuirity is up like fuck tho. almost every railway station is crawling with cctv, yards are even worse. Back in the 80's, life was good,camaras rare hardly any focus on graff. nowadays its cctv everywhere.

21 Mar 07 02:53 PM | Edit Reply | RE: old school forum
GaryGlitterFanClub
258 Posts
EH%£
Ignore User
True understand where your coming from but Need some one to hold my feet. just don’t fancy tying my laces to a poll hanging over a wall and the knot cumin undone an a extra pair of eyes wouldn’t go a miss in some cases.

21 Mar 07 02:41 PM | Edit Reply | RE: old school forum
BUNDEMOUT
1274 Posts

Ignore User
you dont need heads tyo be ballsy, more people you are with the more likely it is for some rat bastard to turn you in.

21 Mar 07 02:28 PM | Edit Reply | RE: old school forum
GaryGlitterFanClub
258 Posts
EH%£
Ignore User
I’d love to do something more ballsy but still just starting out and need to find a few more local faces with the same goals. But...
“One day lad all this will be yours!”
“What the curtains?”

21 Mar 07 02:27 PM | Edit Reply | RE: painted stuff.
ItsAllAboutTheStyle
558 Posts

Ignore User
NEMS wrote:

And another.
[Edited by NEMS on 19 Mar 07 03:09 PM]
[Edited by NEMS on 19 Mar 07 03:10 PM]

into this one ya cunt!

Graffiti: More Banksy bollocks
  21 Mar 07 02:24 PM | Edit Reply | RE: More Banksy bollocks
ItsAllAboutTheStyle
558 Posts

Ignore User
enreakoAJ wrote:
cheese baguette
ahahahahah.

21 Mar 07 02:23 PM | Edit Reply | RE: london area
ItsAllAboutTheStyle
558 Posts

Ignore User
bundemout wrote:
tox is a writer from london, although he puts in no effort and is apparntly a crack head. That being said tox is ALL OVER london. so respect on that front!
i was in london this weekend as well, 12 hous on a bus=boke.
Panik is up like fuck in london as well. rooftops galore.
[Edited by bundemout on 20 Mar 07 10:36 PM]
A friend of mine saw tox doing insides in london. and yes he looks like a crackhead.

21 Mar 07 02:22 PM | Edit Reply | RE: london area
ItsAllAboutTheStyle
558 Posts

Ignore User
enreakoAJ wrote:
ItsAllAboutTheStyle wrote:
enreakoAJ wrote:
lookin for artists near south of london for some bombin and tracks and shit.. just moved down from glasgow and wanna start gettin sum shit up down here..reak.
Getting the itch ya mad man?

lol.. fuckin heavily mate.. u see the london lines the other week?
titititasty.

21 Mar 07 02:12 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Fife Writers?
Stayinggold
283 Posts

Ignore User
...sigh

Graffiti: vapour trail graff jam dundee scotland march 31st, all writers welcome
  21 Mar 07 02:10 PM | Edit Reply | RE: vapour trail graff jam dundee scotland march 31st, all writers welcome
NEMS
261 Posts

Ignore User
i got told it was green emulsion background. duno for sure though!

21 Mar 07 02:09 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Fife Writers?
BUNDEMOUT
1274 Posts

Ignore User
im legals only now mind!

21 Mar 07 01:58 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Fife Writers?
Stayinggold
283 Posts

Ignore User
aye man i will speak to you soon about an idea i have for around the end of april im sure you will be intrested

21 Mar 07 01:38 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Fife Writers?
BUNDEMOUT
1274 Posts

Ignore User
dont think he will be able to at first, he'll need to simplfy them.

Graffiti: vapour trail graff jam dundee scotland march 31st, all writers welcome
  21 Mar 07 01:36 PM | Edit Reply | RE: vapour trail graff jam dundee scotland march 31st, all writers welcome
Stayinggold
283 Posts

Ignore User
i might head up if paint is being sold in the store on that day??

21 Mar 07 01:15 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Fife Writers?
Stayinggold
283 Posts

Ignore User
send em my way ive bombed a fair bit of dunfermline so far ran out of paint and im skint as fuck tons of decent places none of it will get buffed, aye his sketches are tight need to see if he can put that shit on a wall though

21 Mar 07 01:08 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Fife Writers?
BUNDEMOUT
1274 Posts

Ignore User
soops up in london! And his sketches are pretty damn clean for someone so new.
Also i know a few guys who want to hook up in fife.

21 Mar 07 01:04 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Fife Writers?
Stayinggold
283 Posts

Ignore User
well soop supposedly is gonna start writing but ive only seen stuff in his blackbook which is good but im still waiting to see if he can paint

21 Mar 07 12:55 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Fife Writers?
BUNDEMOUT
1274 Posts

Ignore User
looks like your on your own!

21 Mar 07 12:46 PM | Edit Reply | RE: vapour trail graff jam dundee scotland march 31st, all writers welcome
BUNDEMOUT
1274 Posts

Ignore User
i think the couolur scheme is "green(ish)". I might head along but my usual writing partner is working.

21 Mar 07 12:44 PM | Edit Reply | RE: old school forum
SpecialBranch
577 Posts

Ignore User
gettinup wrote:

anyways, was talkin to him about graff and he says hes not happy with the way things are changing, writers aint as ballsy as they used to be and how for most of them its just a little hobby or somethin they do just for a wee rush, whereas for him it was his life, his expression. he lived to paint and thats whats missing from a lot of writers today.

Nail on the head.

21 Mar 07 11:57 AM | Edit Reply | RE: old school forum
gettinup
178 Posts
glasgow
Ignore User
i was chattin to beelow the other day, basically the biggest german writer back in the 80's, he now beatboxes with the beatbox allstars and is responsible for the worlds biggest beatbox battle website. hes such a quality guy!!

check out his artwork on his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/beelowtv

anyways, was talkin to him about graff and he says hes not happy with the way things are changing, writers aint as ballsy as they used to be and how for most of them its just a little hobby or somethin they do just for a wee rush, whereas for him it was his life, his expression. he lived to paint and thats whats missing from a lot of writers today.

well hes a really sound guy and we all ended up back at a crazy assed party getin fucked up. all in all it was a good day!!

peace

Graffiti: Nothing worse than....
  21 Mar 07 10:43 AM | Edit Reply | RE: Nothing worse than....
lupe
64 Posts
Clydebank
Ignore User
what sort of way is that to refer to the female members of your family? wanksocks? well i never. . .

Beef: Can you spot a PIG?
  21 Mar 07 10:41 AM | Edit Reply | RE: Can you spot a PIG?
lupe
64 Posts
Clydebank
Ignore User
aye cos magpie is much better dickweed. tis actually LUPE as in loo-pay ya fuckin pleb

21 Mar 07 10:05 AM | Edit Reply | RE: painted stuff.
NEMS
261 Posts

Ignore User
Stop the shit talkin n get yer flicks up like blaaaam:

duncancumming.co.uk | Forum | Contact Me | 1 forum user online: + 1 guest