1274 Posts

Ignore User

ALL DAY LONG!!!
  20 Sep 07 07:47 PM | Edit Reply | Steel
BUNDEMOUT
1274 Posts

Ignore User
Link wrote:
See, i have a bunch of qeustions wich are probally stupid but, tbh i dont wanna go unprepared.

Are bolt cutters advisable to take, i hear talk of needing to cut fences to gain entry.

would somthing to stand on so i could actually reach the pannel.

Anyway to take out cameras a day in advance (that seems fucking retarded...*inspector gadget stylee*)

If any of those are too stuid or too bait, feel free to laugh me outa here...

Peace.

All this advice is second hand.

keeping specifics outta it.
Dust your cans before you go in the yard, keep what your using in your hand if you get spotted drop them as soon as your out of sight. If your just in for damage its not much of a blow(losing a burner and blackie) but if your doin a piece this could be heartbreaking!
Avoid taking sketches(some people need them) avoid taking anything to do with graffiti at all bar the paint.
I've never been sure what to do with plastic gloves if a chase should arise! anyone give any advice?

Bolt cutters depend on the yard i imagine, say in a place where steel gets hit all the time, i.e any city with a big scene. they would be a necessity. If your going to cut a hole make sure its juuust big enough for you to run through and hopefully it will be to small for some fat btp nob to chase you.

But they are big and heavy and if the fences are quick to climb you might be better to just jump em!

scope a while in advance if at all possible! but if not whateveeerrr.

Plus taking out cameras, get reaaaaal!!!!!

Even if you havent started painting yet and you get seen, run, the fine for tresspassing is rediculous. Also dont really want your name getin taken. You would be better to have a spotter incase some track worker spots you and has the brains to phone btp BEFORE shouting oi! hahah!

ALSO! IF YOUR GOING TO HIT STEEL KEEP A CLEAN HOUSE, LEARN FROM OTHERS MISTAKES!!!
[Edited by bundemout on 20 Sep 07 08:04 PM]
  21 Sep 07 01:53 AM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
Link
302 Posts
glasgow
Ignore User
http://www.subwayoutlaws.com/Burners/Burners.htm

its a crackin wee site.
  21 Sep 07 02:43 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
BTP
739 Posts

Ignore User
bit of newcastle metro action here

http://www.metroburner.co.uk/metros/
  22 Sep 07 08:33 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
enreakoAJ
171 Posts

Ignore User
the wholecar was a one man job.. 2 others got done that night at the same spot. not sure if pics are around though. people should get some steel done in scotland more often
  23 Sep 07 05:07 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
Rasputin
113 Posts
Valhalla
Ignore User
Big props for that whole car!!

Get yer self up on the coal trains, they hardly ever bother buffing them and security is a lot looser on coal train depots. Lots of ppl gonna see your stuff if youve wrecked a few coalies.

Rasp.
  24 Sep 07 11:13 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
BELFALL
3091 Posts
Auld Reekie.
Ignore User
FYC newcastle i think have loads of full freights WCs they roll past my house at 6 and i cant help get up and look and admire really nice stuff saw some OE some Gore Nope Jawn/Jekil stuff too soo nice
  27 Sep 07 09:50 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
BTP
739 Posts

Ignore User

:)
  01 Oct 07 06:10 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
chrome
111 Posts
glasgow
Ignore User
BTP get a life, you talk and on and on and say that i know fuck all about steel in another thread. but yu sit here posting other panels wishing they were yours becasue you have no flicks of your own panels cause youve never done one, and all the information you pass as your own is probably just stuff youve collected off other people such as medatm.
get a grip man.
  02 Oct 07 10:55 AM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
BUNDEMOUT
1274 Posts

Ignore User
Masochist wrote:
bundemout wrote:
Masochist wrote:
haha great...

with myself being a long life member of the FUK BTP club i should be able to get my hands on one.. i might just get one made up at a shop though..

they are running out,only got large black left, so ill post a link once i have ordered it! :P seriously i will!

i dont care what size or colour i want one preferrably hot pink if they have it

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=173265948
  03 Oct 07 05:28 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
BUNDEMOUT
1274 Posts

Ignore User
anyway LU's!
im dying to dae one when im in london but i hear the yards are crazy with trip wires and shit. Would need a hook up.....

Rip Ozone.

stolen.
  03 Oct 07 05:40 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
BUNDEMOUT
1274 Posts

Ignore User
metros

04 Oct 07 04:24 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
BTP
739 Posts

Ignore User

04 Oct 07 04:30 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
BTP
739 Posts

Ignore User

04 Oct 07 04:41 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
BUNDEMOUT
1274 Posts

Ignore User
he got the jail numerous times did he not?
not for rape.haha
  04 Oct 07 07:47 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
KingGhidra
1340 Posts
...Three
Ignore User
RAPE, NM - INTERVIEW

Increase the Piece interviews one of the most prolific writers the North of England has ever seen, (or ever will). Rape of NM crew shares his experiences, and gives his views on various aspects of graffiti and graffiti culture.

ITP:
In many ways, the word Rape fits to what you have done to trains and walls over the years. Was there a conscious effort when first deciding what to write?

Rape:
Nah. First of all I wanted a tag that stood out, so I got one. That's it really, couldn't care less. People can say what they want about me. It's mostly non-writers that have a problem with it. After all it's just a name, it's not like I go raping women!

ITP:
How have your views, regarding graffiti as a whole, changed from your first years as a writer to current day views, if at all?

Rape:
Nothing's changed. You've just got to be careful these days.

ITP:
What happened to MBS and DRS?

Rape:
Just died. Gotta move on.

ITP:
In hindsight, what piece of knowledge that you have now, would you liked to have had, or been given, in your first years' as a writer?

Rape:
Not do it in the first place…not! Dust yer tins before you go into a yard, before you go anywhere. Wear gloves. Keep your house clean. It's that simple. If I'd done all of them things, I wouldn't have been in the shit I've been in. I wouldn't have been inside. I wish I'd knew what I know now. Back then I would never have got caught. Ever.

ITP:
What's your view on stencil graffiti, and have you ever tried, or considered it?

Rape:
Don't like it. Totally different. The graff I do is freehand. Stencilling is just cheating.

ITP:
Do the new young writers have a different outlook on the whole scene as opposed
to what your views were when you were that age?

Rape:
They've got the same idea as bombing and getting up…some do but most don't. That's the problem, they've got no respect of what's gone before them.

We've fuckin' slaved for years and years and years to get things the way we want them. They think that they know everything, when they've done one dub and a couple of tags, and they know shit all. We're the ones who went through all the crap getting dirty, finding out about places, finding out about yards, getting caught, getting arrested, going through court, getting fuckin' jail sentences and shit like that. Then these cunts come along, do a couple of dubs, and it's all "I'm a graffiti artist me" coz all their pals at school do it.

They go down, tag over your pieces and they think it's all funny coz they're a 13-14 year old kid who's 5" tall, and they know we're not got gonna hit 'em, basically. They think they can get away with it, but they can't. They need to learn and respect. They need to find out more about the history of graffiti, and learn from it. Respect is earned, not just given. That's why people think NM have got an attitude problem. Just 'cause we won't tell them fuck all. We had to learn by our mistakes. So why should we tell them what we've been up to? I've painted with my boys for over 10 years. I would trust them with my life. New skool twats, who expect to be respected, try to be hard in front of us, but just end up making fools of themselves.

Let your painting do the talking - get out and bomb - earn your respect, it's not free. There's a crew up here who slate us for doing trains, 'cause it's not "urban" (whatever that means). Just 'cause we don't go to "hip hop" nights and "hang with the homies", they say we're not down with the culture. Bollocks! Graff was around long before hip hop and rap music. The only trains they painted, were toy ones they dipped in emulsion!!! Those people don't understand where graff came from. You can't beat the feeling of seeing your own train pieces move.

Legal bods up here have a problem with us aswell. They say we stop them getting work…so fuck, I say. They expect their pieces, when they do them, to stay forever in halls of fame. That's bollocks. The same crew once asked me to join on the condition I stopped painting trains and illegals, as it would look good on the crew. HA HA fuck that. Why did they want me to join in the first place? We don't even talk now due to bullshit. They call us toys behind our backs, not to our faces. How can they call themselves writers when they wait for a commission before they paint…who wants to be told what to paint? I thought the whole idea was to express yourself!

ITP:
In your view, why does a 14 year old kid write his name on a wall?

Rape:
It's rebellious. Basically, that's it. When I first seen Style Wars, and seen some of the stuff going on, I said to myself "I wanna do that". Started writing stupid names, anything. I loved art lessons at school…free markers!

ITP:
How many times have you been arrested for art crimes?

Rape:
(Laughs) Couldn't tell you. Far too many.

ITP:
100?

Rape:
Nar, not that many. Lost count. A lot though, a hell of a lot. Too fuckin' many.

ITP:
Total fines?

Rape:
(Laughs) Not paid. Done me days for most of them. God knows.

ITP:
There are many ways people try to push young graffiti artists 'in the right direction', like community youth projects and legal halls of fame etc. But at the end of the day, there's always gonna be a kid who gets a kick out of writing his/her name on a bus shelter. Are they wasting their time? (The community workers, not the kid at the bus stop!).

Rape:
Yeah! 100% wasting their time. If they took the time to read up on graffiti, and find out why people do it, and how graffiti started in the first place, they would understand the fact that a kid picks up a marker pen, maybe a spraycan, writes his name, writes his name all over everywhere where he comes from, and maybe then progresses on to bigger better graffiti. It's one of those things where they're encouraging kids to commit crime without realising it.

The same authorities that complain about having to clean graff are paying for the materials for these workshops. I say they are just shooting themselves in the foot. Them kids are just gonna pack up at the end of the day and go "hey, loads of free spraypaint, lets go and write our names". That's what graffiti is, that's the rawest element of graffiti, writing your name. That's basically what graffiti is. The tag that you've chosen is getting that tag up. Generally, the more you get that tag up, the better you become. The workshops in school holidays are daft. It's as if they think kids are going to wait for a workshop to go painting. That's just one big joke.

ITP:
So what your saying is that you can't be legal all the way through and be the best, you've got to have experiences?

Rape:
Cannot do it. You got to have the experience. You got to get out there and get dirty and paint. You can get good, just doing halls of fame. But what's the point? Go out and learn it the hard way. Go out, cut a hole in a fence into a trainyard, where you know you've only got 15 minutes and you know you could get raided in that yard at any time and get nicked, and pull off a piece.

Let's say a legal bod, who wants 3 sunny days in the middle of summer to do a piece. Fuck that shit. You gan, do your piece and leave. You do a wildstyle in 3 hours man! You learn from painting trains, you have to when you're under pressure. You don't know what your piece looks like till daylight and you can't go back to sort it out.

ITP:
So in theory, would you be interested in taking part in such a scheme?

Rape:
I do enjoy painting where there's no stress, and just go and paint somewhere all day long. But in this city, you can't do that. Anywhere you paint, any hall of fame, you've got to watch your back for someone coming. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to take your time, but it's also good to be under pressure. You need both.

And as for fuckin' trainyards, that's a different thing altogether, which I don't want to get into. Not at this time, coz that's my information.

ITP:
Over the years, you've obviously influenced a lot of North East writers, whether you have realised it or not. What kind of influence do you hope you have given?

Rape:
Not bothered. If people want to copy me, that's up to them, as long as they don't blame me for it. At the end of the day, I've been in situations where I've been nicked with people and had their parents blaming me for their sons getting into trouble and its like … "don't fuckin blame me, the kids got his own mind". If he's gonna do it, he's gonna do it. It's as simple as that. It's the same with anybody, if they want to do something enough, whether it be play football all day long, play cricket, getting pissed, going out pinching cars. If they want to do it, they'll find a way of doing it. It's down to them.

ITP:
What is your best/favourite graffiti memory?

Rape:
How longs the tape in there? (Laughs). Best? Probably all of them. Highs and lows, I don't regret anything I've ever done. Met so many cool people who think the same. Got to go places I would never have gone otherwise. How many people would drive a 6 hour round trip to paint a train for 1/2 hour? I've got into so much shit, but at the end of the day, its who I am, it's what I am. I could tell you a thousand stories!

ITP:
Ok then, give us one "escapade". One story from the lot.

Rape:
Aye. This year in Amsterdam. Painting trains with a few pals, of which the names won't be mentioned. In the yard, done me piece, started doing another one, just a quick throw-up, and one mate standing next to uz, saying "what's that noise, what's that noise"? So we both look under the train at the same time. See a security guard with his torch, watch him come round the front of the train, and stared babbling on a us in Dutch. We just looked at each other "what the fuck's he on about?" One crazy language Dutch! Didn't even notice his dog until he said whatever he said, and let his dog off at us. We had to run, I legged it across 3 lines, under a train, smacked me head off the bottom of a train, lost me camera and bag in the process and fucked me ankle running out the yard. Lost everyone I was with and found one an hour later. Walked, like 5 miles back into Amsterdam. My ankle was gone by this time. The other kid we were with, he had to sleep in a field while we slept in a fuckin' five star hotel! He turned up a fucking half past nine, and we're like " ha ha y'alreet XXX!" And still got to see the fuckers running!

ITP:
You seen your own trains running?

Rape:
That's what its all about, graff needs to move.

ITP:
What's your worst graffiti memory?

Rape:
Worst? I can't really say, coz it can get me into shit. But one of the worst memories is doing time for it. CCTV in lay ups that you could do in daylight. Many house raids by keystone cops.

ITP:
What's your longest stretch?

Rape:
12 Months

ITP:
Where is the most outrageous location for one of your pieces, dubs or tags?

Rape:
Window down Metro's full colour window down Metro's. Silvers in Newcastle City Centre.

ITP:
What is your favourite piece you've done?

Rape:
Off the top of me head, I can't say. I look through my portfolio and think that's good, but I can't remember doing some of them.

ITP:
Who are your favourite artists, and why?

Rape:
Favourite writers? Seen, Skeme, Dero, Can 2, Oker, Mist 1, Seek from Germany, Swah, Kel, Mace from Holland, Bates from Denmark, Opak.

ITP:
What's your experiences and view of Vandal Squads?

Rape:
Early morning wake up calls, house raids.

The Vandal Squad and the cops have got better photo collections than most writers. They love it. If some of the Vandal Squad were the same age as some writers now, they'd be writing. They wouldn't be cops. It's as simple as that. That's how much they're into it. They see it as one big game. They apologise when they nick you. "I'm sorry it's my job I have to do it, I don't want to". They love it, basically. They think its one big fucking game. Which it is. Only thing being, ever time they come round to stop you, you go one better and keep doing it. They can't work out how it's being done, the think they know everything. They know fuck all.

ITP:
Do you have any plans for a website of you own?

Rape:
Yeah, you're doing it!

ITP:
Any last messages or shouts to anyone?

Rape:
Shouts to NM crew - Kehz - Dism - Saint - Nekro - The - Fine - Royal - Sizl - Muro - Drop - Onas - Inch - Chef - Orbis - Ricstar - Fi - Shie - Dwel - Mist One - Bias - Forse - Piz - Arms - R Two - Oker - Kems - Emit the Trainspotter - Montana - Belton - Cherish (wherever he is now) and Henks stall at Waterloo Plien.

A big thanks to Mr George Stephenson (1971-1848). If it wasn't for you where would we be now?

As for those in Newcastle who call themselves writers, 2 street tags don't make you a writer.
  07 Oct 07 01:05 AM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
BTP
739 Posts

Ignore User

09 Oct 07 01:16 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
BTP
739 Posts

Ignore User

09 Oct 07 08:07 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
KingGhidra
1340 Posts
...Three
Ignore User
Inchy baws, Royal and NM on a scotrail

Kezah on a scotrail

NM wholecars on the sputs...

some more NM tomfoolery
  09 Oct 07 11:16 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
KingGhidra
1340 Posts
...Three
Ignore User
CHINTZ monster
  10 Oct 07 10:38 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
Metro
3588 Posts

Ignore User

Nope
  11 Oct 07 06:29 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
Metro
3588 Posts

Ignore User
Jailbait!

http://www.gougoule.com/train/
  14 Oct 07 12:18 AM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
BTP
739 Posts

Ignore User
  14 Oct 07 12:49 AM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
SpecialBranch
577 Posts

Ignore User
BTP wrote:

Hahaha, thats a fuckin beaut!
  14 Oct 07 10:17 AM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
BUNDEMOUT
1274 Posts

Ignore User
i caught some runners in france, got a heap of trackside flicks n aww. Headin to the big smoke next weekend so i'll get some flicks from there and slam it all up.
  14 Oct 07 10:51 AM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
BUNDEMOUT
1274 Posts

Ignore User
All stolen. i'll slam some of my own up soon.

15 Oct 07 11:01 AM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
vimto
187 Posts
yugoslavia
Ignore User
walked past shields yesterday, fairly suprised to see what i think was a raed chromer and some other stuff all pretty shit on a scap train, still better to be shit on a train and all that... didnt bother to get a flic but its in ful view if anyones interested
  15 Oct 07 12:11 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
Feno
196 Posts
Glasgow
Ignore User
vimto wrote:
walked past shields yesterday, fairly suprised to see what i think was a raed chromer and some other stuff all pretty shit on a scap train, still better to be shit on a train and all that... didnt bother to get a flic but its in ful view if anyones interested

i'v seem the scrap train done a few times before aswell. I remember I musta been about 11 and I jsut hopped over the fence to take a picture with me phone and didn't actually think shit - feet on gravel btp bollocks run.
  16 Oct 07 02:45 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Steel
GaryGlitterFanClub
258 Posts
EH%£
Ignore User
http://www.gougoule.com/train/ ha ha bloody cunt.

seen alot if WUFC on utube. looks pretty easy Ha.

over the fence, get job done, back ovr n run like fuk 4 easy steps to paintin steel in europe
Post New Message in Thread   [Lock  Move  Delete  Archive]
Pages: 1 3 5 7 9 11 13 15 17 19 21 23 25 27 29 31 33 35 37 39 41 43 45 47 49 51 53 »  
duncancumming.co.uk | Forum | Contact Me | 1 forum user online: + 1 guest