[ View Forums | Start New Thread | Search ]     [ Join | Login ]     en
Beef: Legal Wall Etiquette ( [Expand] [RevSort] )
Post New Message in Thread   [Lock  Move  Delete  Archive]
  30 Nov 08 11:56 PM | Edit Reply | Legal Wall Etiquette
Gunghoe
1535 Posts

avatar
Ignore User
It seems that some people believe legal walls are somehow exempt from normal writing etiquette. I understand that there are differences between legals and trackside spots. Going over someone at a legal is more understandable, we all need somewhere to paint and nobody expects a piece to last long, however, there is a line. Going over someone significantly better than you is ALWAYS wrong, yet some try to excuse themselves using the following reasons:

(approaching all of these scenarios from the position of a toy going over a piece they couldn’t even hope to burn)

1) “It was dogged”. If something is slightly dogged LEAVE IT ALONE. If you can still see it clearly, and it still looks nice you cannot touch it. This excuse is based on the idea that a piece was pretty much gone before you touched it, not vaguely blemished.

2) “I wanted to paint beside my friends”. Nobody cares what you want to do.

3) “Its only (insert spot)”. That’s all very well if you paint something of a similar standard, but if you don’t, the location is irrelevant. The idea that you are entitled to paint should be based on WHO you are, NOT where you are.

4) “It wasn’t as if it was a burner anyway”. Again, this excuse only matters if you can reasonably argue that you painted something at least as nice. By this I mean something that took as much effort, not a 15-minute dub that, in your stupidity, you consider to be a work of creative brilliance.

5) “No beef intended” Not so much an excuse as a toy’s “Get out of jail free Card”. It is possible to start beef by accident; your intentions do not come into it. The only way to avoid beef is to avoid pissing people off.

Always expect that whoever you go over will be annoyed. They will be inclined not to believe what you say (i.e. they may think you are lying about their painting being dogged) and will almost certainly like their own style, regardless of what you think of it.

So walk away soljaboy, your “steez” isn’t “fresh-to-death” enough yet.
  01 Dec 08 04:29 AM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
terror
1500 Posts
the dirty south
Ignore User
some real good points made there
  01 Dec 08 08:31 AM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
VeronicaMars
1258 Posts
GLA
avatar
Ignore User
well said Gung
  07 Dec 08 05:05 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
youreALLfuckingLOSERS
241 Posts

avatar
Ignore User
Gung wrote:
It seems that some people believe legal walls are somehow exempt from normal writing etiquette. I understand that there are differences between legals and trackside spots. Going over someone at a legal is more understandable, we all need somewhere to paint and nobody expects a piece to last long, however, there is a line. Going over someone significantly better than you is ALWAYS wrong, yet some try to excuse themselves using the following reasons:

(approaching all of these scenarios from the position of a toy going over a piece they couldn’t even hope to burn)

1) “It was dogged”. If something is slightly dogged LEAVE IT ALONE. If you can still see it clearly, and it still looks nice you cannot touch it. This excuse is based on the idea that a piece was pretty much gone before you touched it, not vaguely blemished.

2) “I wanted to paint beside my friends”. Nobody cares what you want to do.

3) “Its only (insert spot)”. That’s all very well if you paint something of a similar standard, but if you don’t, the location is irrelevant. The idea that you are entitled to paint should be based on WHO you are, NOT where you are.

4) “It wasn’t as if it was a burner anyway”. Again, this excuse only matters if you can reasonably argue that you painted something at least as nice. By this I mean something that took as much effort, not a 15-minute dub that, in your stupidity, you consider to be a work of creative brilliance.

5) “No beef intended” Not so much an excuse as a toy’s “Get out of jail free Card”. It is possible to start beef by accident; your intentions do not come into it. The only way to avoid beef is to avoid pissing people off.

Always expect that whoever you go over will be annoyed. They will be inclined not to believe what you say (i.e. they may think you are lying about their painting being dogged) and will almost certainly like their own style, regardless of what you think of it.

So walk away soljaboy, your “steez” isn’t “fresh-to-death” enough yet.


You dinny half talk a load ae pish.

I see you have a point, but i don't see why i should give a fuck.
  07 Dec 08 08:13 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
treefingers
43 Posts
City of Castlemilk
avatar
Ignore User
he wants you to give a fuck because hes angry often or someone went over his SHITE piece.
  07 Dec 08 08:17 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
Gunghoe
1535 Posts

avatar
Ignore User
treefingers wrote:
he wants you to give a fuck because hes angry often or someone went over his SHITE piece.


You managed to be wrong twice in one scentence! Well done sir.
  07 Dec 08 08:31 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
BELFALL
3091 Posts
Auld Reekie.
avatar
Ignore User
Gung wrote:
treefingers wrote:
he wants you to give a fuck because hes angry often or someone went over his SHITE piece.


You managed to be wrong twice in one scentence! Well done sir.


I congratualte you also Treefingers.
  07 Dec 08 08:37 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
Gunghoe
1535 Posts

avatar
Ignore User
"You dinny half talk a load ae pish.

I see you have a point"

Are you being ironic?

Or were you just born that way?
  07 Dec 08 08:41 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
BELFALL
3091 Posts
Auld Reekie.
avatar
Ignore User
Gung wrote:
"You dinny half talk a load ae pish.

I see you have a point"

Are you being ironic?

Or were you just born that way?


Its fully understandable if you know him.
  07 Dec 08 08:57 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
BigMick
233 Posts

Ignore User
Gung wrote:
"You dinny half talk a load ae pish.

I see you have a point"

Are you being ironic?

Or were you just born that way?


Dung, yer a bellend - do you really like fucking Sonic Youth ffs?
  07 Dec 08 08:58 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
Gunghoe
1535 Posts

avatar
Ignore User
No.

I do listen to their music however.
  07 Dec 08 09:02 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
BigMick
233 Posts

Ignore User
Gung wrote:
No.

I do listen to their music however.
Well yirabell.
  07 Dec 08 09:10 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
KennethLykes
292 Posts

avatar
Ignore User
Gung wrote:
No.

I do listen to their music however.




'Are you being ironic?

Or were you just born that way? ' ;) xx
  07 Dec 08 09:12 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
Gunghoe
1535 Posts

avatar
Ignore User
refk1 wrote:
Gung wrote:
No.

I do listen to their music however.




'Are you being ironic?

Or were you just born that way? ' ;) xx


Dang.
  07 Dec 08 09:18 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
KennethLykes
292 Posts

avatar
Ignore User
Gung wrote:
refk1 wrote:
Gung wrote:
No.

I do listen to their music however.




'Are you being ironic?

Or were you just born that way? ' ;) xx


Dang.




cause i aint no hollaback girl.
  07 Dec 08 09:24 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
BELFALL
3091 Posts
Auld Reekie.
avatar
Ignore User
refk1 wrote:
Gung wrote:
refk1 wrote:
Gung wrote:
No.

I do listen to their music however.




'Are you being ironic?

Or were you just born that way? ' ;) xx


Dang.




cause i aint no hollaback girl.


You should die for that.
  07 Dec 08 10:24 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
BABYPDIZZLE
10 Posts

Ignore User
YO MUTHA FUCKA HEERZ WOT TO DO IF A MUTHA FUCKA FUKS UP UR PEECE AT DA LEGAL BOARDZ. JUST GO DOWN DERE AND COVER DAT SHIT IN CHOCOLATE AN THAT SHIT WILL LOOK RITE AS RAIN KRAZY MOMMA USED 2 DO DAT SHIT 2 ME AFTA SHE BEAT MY ASS FO HITTIN DUBZ IN DA HALL
  12 Dec 08 05:07 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
wearentyou
75 Posts

Ignore User
This kind of post is long overdue. If you can't burn it, don't go over it. It's a proper shame how little time decent pieces last sometimes now, just because some mad toy wants to practice their throw-up on a legal wall with their pals.
  12 Dec 08 05:54 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
Gunghoe
1535 Posts

avatar
Ignore User
People need to start doing something about it though. I don't mean start beef every time it happens, but let the idiots know they're wrong.

These wee guys are desperate to be accepted, that's why they post everything they paint on the net- its a case of "the more they see me, the less of a toy I am".

But they should know that its not acceptable to blast over anything they want just so they can get a picture for their flog. These dubs and throw ups should be gone over as soon you see them. If writers they look up to start sending them a message they'll soon learn.

I've witnessed people dogging pieces with fake ned tags so they can put a dub over them, I know about the bullshit that goes on at the legals. I mean, do people honestly think that local neds go on a dogging mission several times a week?

Nothing will change unless people actualy bother to act.
  12 Dec 08 06:13 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
stapler
111 Posts
glasgw
Ignore User
DrHaroldShipman wrote:
People need to start doing something about it though. I don't mean start beef every time it happens, but let the idiots know they're wrong.

These wee guys are desperate to be accepted, that's why they post everything they paint on the net- its a case of "the more they see me, the less of a toy I am".

But they should know that its not acceptable to blast over anything they want just so they can get a picture for their flog. These dubs and throw ups should be gone over as soon you see them. If writers they look up to start sending them a message they'll soon learn.

I've witnessed people dogging pieces with fake ned tags so they can put a dub over them, I know about the bullshit that goes on at the legals. I mean, do people honestly think that local neds go on a dogging mission several times a week?

Nothing will change unless people actualy bother to act.


stop moanin n go do somthing illegal for once

ya poof
  12 Dec 08 06:26 PM | Edit Reply | Legal Wall Etiquette
Gunghoe
1535 Posts

avatar
Ignore User
Great point, do you actauly have any thoughts on the subject? Can you even think?

Why don't you just bite your toungue until you can think of something worth saying?
[Edited by JohnWayneGacy on 12 Dec 08 06:37 PM]
  12 Dec 08 06:38 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
KingGhidra
Moderator
1340 Posts
...Three
Ignore User
Harold, I edited your post slihtly. I thought it was snappier with the last two sentences gone. Feel free to change it back if you like.

lololol
  12 Dec 08 06:38 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
Gunghoe
1535 Posts

avatar
Ignore User
How come my post was edited?

Although, in retrospect. Its probably better the way it is now.
  12 Dec 08 07:44 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
KingGhidra
Moderator
1340 Posts
...Three
Ignore User
see the post above you. it made me lol but the second two sentences detracted from it I felt, so I abused my powers...
  12 Dec 08 07:46 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
stapler
111 Posts
glasgw
Ignore User
DrHaroldShipman wrote:
Great point, do you actauly have any thoughts on the subject? Can you even think?

Why don't you just bite your toungue until you can think of something worth saying?
[Edited by JohnWayneGacy on 12 Dec 08 06:37 PM]


toy
  12 Dec 08 08:33 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
Gunghoe
1535 Posts

avatar
Ignore User
JohnWayneGacy wrote:
see the post above you. it made me lol but the second two sentences detracted from it I felt, so I abused my powers...


Tyrant.
  22 Dec 08 03:23 AM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
youreALLfuckingLOSERS
241 Posts

avatar
Ignore User
Gomez wrote:
Gung wrote:
"You dinny half talk a load ae pish.

I see you have a point"

Are you being ironic?

Or were you just born that way?


Its fully understandable if you know him.


YE THINK YER EURPOISM OR SOMMAT AYE?
  28 Mar 09 10:02 AM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
ubahn
99 Posts

Ignore User
throw up goes over tag

dubs go over throw ups

pieces go over throws ups and dubs.


if its a legal spot, the above still counts, but expect your stuff to be gone over quick, especiaslly if its a popular legal spot.

only go over something with soemthing of equal quality or better.

if your unsure dont go over it, or make sure you take flix first, so at least you can sort person out if they for what ever reason didnt get any before u went over it.

also if possible, its polite to ask to go over stuff. if nt put the names of people you went over, up on your peice.
  22 May 09 03:22 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
krimemdmavk
30 Posts
sunny dee
avatar
Ignore User
Gunghoe wrote:
It seems that some people believe legal walls are somehow exempt from normal writing etiquette. I understand that there are differences between legals and trackside spots. Going over someone at a legal is more understandable, we all need somewhere to paint and nobody expects a piece to last long, however, there is a line. Going over someone significantly better than you is ALWAYS wrong, yet some try to excuse themselves using the following reasons:

(approaching all of these scenarios from the position of a toy going over a piece they couldn’t even hope to burn)

1) “It was dogged”. If something is slightly dogged LEAVE IT ALONE. If you can still see it clearly, and it still looks nice you cannot touch it. This excuse is based on the idea that a piece was pretty much gone before you touched it, not vaguely blemished.

2) “I wanted to paint beside my friends”. Nobody cares what you want to do.

3) “Its only (insert spot)”. That’s all very well if you paint something of a similar standard, but if you don’t, the location is irrelevant. The idea that you are entitled to paint should be based on WHO you are, NOT where you are.

4) “It wasn’t as if it was a burner anyway”. Again, this excuse only matters if you can reasonably argue that you painted something at least as nice. By this I mean something that took as much effort, not a 15-minute dub that, in your stupidity, you consider to be a work of creative brilliance.

5) “No beef intended” Not so much an excuse as a toy’s “Get out of jail free Card”. It is possible to start beef by accident; your intentions do not come into it. The only way to avoid beef is to avoid pissing people off.

Always expect that whoever you go over will be annoyed. They will be inclined not to believe what you say (i.e. they may think you are lying about their painting being dogged) and will almost certainly like their own style, regardless of what you think of it.

So walk away soljaboy, your “steez” isn’t “fresh-to-death” enough yet.


completely aggree with all points here. cunts paint over my shit all the time which aint the problem the fact is when ive spent aboot 40 quid on paint to do summin with a fair amount o detail, with the same colours as my chums, right next to each other. cunts turn up and stick a cheeky 3 colour number on top especially when theres loads room on the wall. thats a piss take. my principals maybe a bit dated so i may have to re-think my good nature. lol
  22 May 09 07:06 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Legal Wall Etiquette
SpecialBranch
577 Posts

Ignore User
krimemdmavk wrote:
Gunghoe wrote:
It seems that some people believe legal walls are somehow exempt from normal writing etiquette. I understand that there are differences between legals and trackside spots. Going over someone at a legal is more understandable, we all need somewhere to paint and nobody expects a piece to last long, however, there is a line. Going over someone significantly better than you is ALWAYS wrong, yet some try to excuse themselves using the following reasons:

(approaching all of these scenarios from the position of a toy going over a piece they couldn’t even hope to burn)

1) “It was dogged”. If something is slightly dogged LEAVE IT ALONE. If you can still see it clearly, and it still looks nice you cannot touch it. This excuse is based on the idea that a piece was pretty much gone before you touched it, not vaguely blemished.

2) “I wanted to paint beside my friends”. Nobody cares what you want to do.

3) “Its only (insert spot)”. That’s all very well if you paint something of a similar standard, but if you don’t, the location is irrelevant. The idea that you are entitled to paint should be based on WHO you are, NOT where you are.

4) “It wasn’t as if it was a burner anyway”. Again, this excuse only matters if you can reasonably argue that you painted something at least as nice. By this I mean something that took as much effort, not a 15-minute dub that, in your stupidity, you consider to be a work of creative brilliance.

5) “No beef intended” Not so much an excuse as a toy’s “Get out of jail free Card”. It is possible to start beef by accident; your intentions do not come into it. The only way to avoid beef is to avoid pissing people off.

Always expect that whoever you go over will be annoyed. They will be inclined not to believe what you say (i.e. they may think you are lying about their painting being dogged) and will almost certainly like their own style, regardless of what you think of it.

So walk away soljaboy, your “steez” isn’t “fresh-to-death” enough yet.


completely aggree with all points here. cunts paint over my shit all the time which aint the problem the fact is when ive spent aboot 40 quid on paint to do summin with a fair amount o detail, with the same colours as my chums, right next to each other. cunts turn up and stick a cheeky 3 colour number on top especially when theres loads room on the wall. thats a piss take. my principals maybe a bit dated so i may have to re-think my good nature. lol


40 quid?? Whaaaaat? Thats rediculous. Where are you buying your paint?
Post New Message in Thread   [Lock  Move  Delete  Archive]
Pages: 1 2 »  
duncancumming.co.uk | Forum | Contact Me | 1 forum user online: + 1 guest