[ View Forums | Start New Thread | Search ]     [ Join | Login ]     en
FAQ: Quink ink? ( [Expand] [RevSort] )
Post New Message in Thread   [Lock  Move  Delete  Archive]
  25 Jun 08 01:47 PM | Edit Reply | Quink ink?
phite
13 Posts
northampton
Ignore User
Found some Parker quink ink in my art box and was wandering if anyone knew if it was any good for using in a mop or adding something to the ink to make it useable, im waiting on some do em dirty ink to arrive but am eager to try out my home made mop any advice would be great.
  25 Jun 08 03:29 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Quink ink?
phite
13 Posts
northampton
Ignore User
Decided to experiment and get resourcefull instead of hanging onto other peoples trouser legs, (too eager to go out and paint) made another mop and filled with the quink ink, also found some heavy duty black coating paint and some thinner just "lying around!" at work and have filled up the second mop with roughly 1/3 thinner and 2/3 paint.
will try them out tonight and post the results.
  25 Jun 08 04:17 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Quink ink?
vimto
187 Posts
yugoslavia
Ignore User
good work glad to see someone trying stuff out and finding out for themselves then posting the results, instead of asking questions all the time, there is a thread on here with ink recipes etc but google or an hour in the shed will probably be more informative
  25 Jun 08 04:36 PM | Edit Reply | Quink ink?
TheKid
495 Posts
Have Paint. Will Travel.
Ignore User
I was looking at that today. My mate pointed it out, but I was like "Ahh, it'll be shit!"
Let us know what its like, would have been eeeeasy!
[Edited by TheKid on 25 Jun 08 05:08 PM]
  25 Jun 08 06:20 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Quink ink?
terror
1500 Posts
the dirty south
Ignore User
just using the ink itself wont work, mix it with some thinner and some other staining crap you can find!
  26 Jun 08 08:56 AM | Edit Reply | RE: Quink ink?
phite
13 Posts
northampton
Ignore User
well the homemade ink with paint + thinner worked a treat and was so easy to do, allthough just an open window is not enough ventalation when using a massive tin of thinner!!
The paint i was using to mix the ink was metal coating paint and needed a bit more thinner than standard wall paint, but the results were great, a glossy drippy stain to be proud of.
The quink ink was a pain in the ass, alot of messing about to get not so good results, it is not good for staining walls seems to slide off itself.
Id reccomend anyone to make there own ink peice of piss and alot of fun to mess about with, and cheap!!!
The homemade mop was a success untill the end fell off, secure the foam before going near any slightly rough walls.
Well thats the result of my fling with mops and ink, reckon im going to start an affair!

PCE
  03 Jul 08 02:09 PM | Edit Reply | RE: Quink ink?
TemoeTS
213 Posts
Destrucity
Ignore User
lol my recipe is constantly changing cos every time my mop gets about half full i top it up with whatever i can find and its always getting betteer :P
Post New Message in Thread   [Lock  Move  Delete  Archive]

duncancumming.co.uk | Forum | Contact Me | 1 forum user online: + 1 guest